Re: unexpected behaviour...?

Am Don, 2003-08-28 um 13.33 schrieb Christof Nyffenegger:
>  --- Jim Carter <jimc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
> > Hmmm, good point.  However, I think a packet is considered to be part of an
> > established connection because it has particular header bits set, not
> > because of IP address matching in the conntrack tables.  Someone who's more
> > familiar with the sources, could you please confirm or correct this
> > statement?
No bits in the header. It is simply matching the IP addresses, protocol
and ports. If you add the TCP-Window-Tracking patch it does more.
At the moment TCP is handled just like  UDP, ICMP, and generic
protocols.

If the client behind the firewall sends an ACK the connection is
automatically picked up by iptables.

Cheers,

Ralf
--