Re: Can IPTABLES be used to send alerts!

I am not C developer. But fairly good in php.
Is it possible to extract details of file (100 %) by using php.
Thanks

dir@xxxxxxx wrote:
Yes, this would be pretty straightforward to do if you are a C developer.

You can use the QUEUE target to queue all HTTP traffic to userland. You
would then build a userland program to monitor packets for a set of suspect
keywords.

This approach wouldn't be bullet-proof because the HTTP traffic will be
fragmented to the MTU size, but it would probably catch 99% of the keywords
you care about. With a little more code, you could demux the TCP traffic to
rebuild the entire TCP stream, thereby making it 100%, but that's a lot more
effort for little return IMO.

Regards, dir

> HI,
>
> I don't know whether this is the right place to raise this post.
>
> I am using IPTABLES and Squid. I want to monitor all the traffic going out
> of this box. Suppose someone sends his/her CV from our network using his/her
> Yahoo or Hotmail account, then I may get an alert.
>
> Can IPTABLES do this by using some addones!!
>
> Pls. pardon me if i am being wrong in posting this question on this list.

Do you Yahoo!?