From: netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Josh.Berry@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 10:39
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IPTables State Tracking

Does IPTables track virtual state of ICMP and UDP packets?  I know that
UDP and ICMP are not stateful connections, but does IPTables perform
pseudo-stateful tracking of these connections such as some other
firewalls that basically timeout UDP/ICMP connections after a specific
time?

Thanks,
Josh Berry
Information Security Group