Can IPTABLES be used to send alerts!

Title: Can IPTABLES be used to send alerts!

HI,

I don't know whether this is the right place to raise this post.

I am using IPTABLES and Squid. I want to monitor all the traffic going out of this box. Suppose someone sends his/her CV from our network using his/her Yahoo or Hotmail account, then I may get an alert.

Can IPTABLES do this by using some addones!!

Pls. pardon me if i am being wrong in posting this question on this list.