Re: iptables 'make' killed my box

> Scott Gaertner wrote:
Nathan & Jamie,

I reached the guy who's the normal sysadmin (who can't help today), and he thinks that it's *possible* that the make started probing kernel modules, and that's what did it.

Can anyone verify if indeed the 'make' command for netfilter "probes" running modules?? (I would tend to think not, but...)

It's a fairly vanilla Debian box... not overclocked... the only quirky module is mod_perl...

Anyway, I just arranged to get keys -- I'm heading over now, and I'll post a followup as soon as I can.

Thanks again,

-Scott

jamie