Browsers & Blocked IPs

hi this is a short sample of my set up... and I am hoping someone with more experience can give me some good advice... I want to block some ips... but in a nice way

Okay everything is good so far... but when I load slashdot.org everything pops up VERY fast... as it seems to get the reject accessing ads.osdn.com at the top... and as it so happens ads.osdn.com is linked to a single ip

ar.atwola.com on the other hand is linked to several ips. And a page like netscape.com takes forever to load. It hangs on trying to get info from ar.atwola.com

Is there a way I can improve this?

thanks and example is below

#####EXAMPLE below... short... and lots cut out... but salient bits all here...i hope
#block ar.atwola.com and ads.osdn.com
BLOCKHOSTS="205.188.165.185
205.188.165.249
152.163.208.57
152.163.208.121
152.163.208.185
152.163.208.249
64.12.174.57
64.12.174.121
64.12.174.185
64.12.174.249
205.188.165.57
205.188.165.121
66.35.250.124"

#Block Bad IPs
echo -e "      - Disallowing EXTERNAL access from Bad IPs to the network"
for i in $BLOCKHOSTS;
do
$IPTABLES -I INPUT 2 -i $EXTIF -s $i -j DROP
done

#Block Bad IPs
echo -e "      - Disallowing INTERNAL access to Bad IPs from the network"
for i in $BLOCKHOSTS;
do
$IPTABLES -I OUTPUT 2 -o $EXTIF -d $i -j REJECT
done

#Block Bad IPs
echo -e "      - Disallowing Masq'ed access to Bad IPs from the network"
for i in $BLOCKHOSTS;
do
$IPTABLES -I FORWARD 2 -o $EXTIF -d $i -j REJECT
done