what is the relationship between Netfilter & iptables.

Hello,

I'm a novice in kernel.

I'd like to know the relationship between Netfilter and iptables.

Netfilter includes iptables?? -_-;;

are they independent??

Second quesetion is..

we can write module program using netfilter.

but I didn't see the module program using iptables..

I could see just script using iptables.

is there any way writing a module program using iptables?

I'm very confused about them.. -_-;;

plz, help me.. ^^;;

Thanks very much.

MS Student KyoungYong Lee
Computer Networks Lab., School of Engineering
ICU(Information and Communications University)
58-4 Hwaam-dong Yusung-gu Taejon, South Korea, 305-348
E-mail : leeky@xxxxxxxxx
phone :
+82-42-866-6151 (Lab.)
+82-42-866-4272 (Dormitary)