Re: Messages to console

--On Monday, August 18, 2003 17:29:13 -0500 "Len L." <len@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Not a killer, but I get all the iptable log messages to /dev/console.  I
> can not find where to control this.  I checked /etc/syslog.conf, but
> kernal messages was turned off (in fact if I turn kernal logging on I
> get duplicate messages to the console).  I also did man on iptables, but
> I do not see any reference to logging to /dev/console

Look at the klogd '-c' option and add it to whatever starts klogd
on your system (/etc/init.d/klod on Debian). Adjust the number as
appropriate for what you don't want logged to the console.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator                           Voice: 512-374-4673