RE: ping to internet address

You provide little information on your setup, but I guess my first question would be Do you have IP_FORWARDING set to the value of 1?  Assuming everything else is in order and properly configured, it sounds like your firewall is not able to forward packets from one interface to another.
-----Original Message-----
From: netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Lawrence - D
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 7:01 PM
To: Netfilter
Subject: ping to internet address

Hi,
    I have a problem on ping to external ip address. I install RedHat 8.0 on my proxy/mail/firewall PC.
    My internal address is 192.168.1.X and external address is 202.61.0.X. Even I set my workstation PC gateway to 192.168.1.1, but still couldn't ping to external address. This make my ISP email can't check on my Windows Workstation. But I can check my domain email from workstation.
    Any advice on this matter ?

Best Regards,

Lawrence Tang
Comserv (PNG) Ltd
Lot 21, Sect. 59, Gabaka St., Gordon
P.O.Box 2292, Boroko
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Tel: 675-3233330 Fax: 675-3250673
Email: ingsiong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use
of the named recipient(s). Any unauthorised use of the contents of this message is
expressly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by return email and destroy the original message. Thank you for your co-operation.