RE: (newbie) SNAT woes

Hi,

Some pepole have helped me off the list and even though it all looked
strange and I don't know what happened, it's working now!

> What you've missed is that tcpdump and other utilities work on different
> layers and if I'm not wrong (hopefully not) it's seeing the packets
> before the SNAT.

tcpdump works below ipfilter, so I see what comes out of the filter.

> Also, better to use MASQUERADE rather than SNAT for workstation access
> to the internet.

Why? ... what I have read made me beleive that SNAT was prefered when ever
possible, but I would be happy to hear something else.

Martin