Re: Newbie: why is this packet being dropped/logged?

Cedric Blancher wrote:

> Also check if your conntrack table is not full (see
> /proc/net/ip_conntrack file) and kernel log entries for some related
> errors.

Had a look and no errors were logged in that file.

Also, is my rule overkill in the sense that specifying all three of NEW,
ESTABLISHED and RELATED states is not necessary. I could get away with
just NEW and RELATED?

thanks,

Jean-Christian Imbeault