neighbour table again

Hi all,

I know that this question has been asked several times
and I have gone through the archieves before posting
it here unsuccessfully.

I have two NIC's one having public IP and the other
private IP.

eth0: 202.x.y.z
eth1: 10.0.0.1

System Environments:
Linux OS - 2.4.20
iptables - 1.2.8

The problem is that the moment I enable ip_forward,
the "Neighbour Table Overflow" starts and the same
stops when I disable ip_forward.

I am also running my mail server on 10.0.0.2. I have
setup port forwarding on my Linux gatewat and this
works fine the moment ip_forward is enabled.

I have checked my localhost settings as suggested by
many and is fine.

I have also tried using older kernel (2.4.14) along
with arpd but the problem still exists.

Any help will be a greate help.

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards,