Re: ssl forward / proxy question

i actually have 3 load-balanced webservers, and another lone one with virtual
IPs. there are 5 SSL certificates at this time (some clients insist on having
their own domain name), and it appears we are going to have more. i am trying
to keep this as limited as possible, but there's only so much i can do since
we only get 32 IPs from our co-lo facility.

since i have, logically, 2 different webservers, would this work (barring squid
or any proxies)? $EXTERNAL_IP1 and 2 are 2 different external IPs, whereas
$WEBSERVER1 and 2 are the 2 different webservers.

iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -s $EXTERNAL_IP1 -d $WEBSERVER1 --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -s $EXTERNAL_IP2 -d $WEBSERVER2 --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
thanks!

-\jen