ftp connection tracking

Hi

I have problem connecting to a ftp-server on a non-standard port. I
remember there was an option to be set upon inserting the
kernel-module. The documentation on module-options seems a little weird
to me, and I can't find a clear answer.
The Situation is simple. My computer and the router/firewall have
non-private IPs. Hence no Masquerading/SNAT is done. But the firewall
has to be set up denying any connection going out except for services
allowed explicitly. FTP is working fine (even active) when connecting
to servers on port 21.
What options do I have to aply when inserting the modules?

greetings
	Axel