Re: new nat target extension --jump rt_lookup

Hi Ramin,

On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 02:40, Ramin Dousti wrote:

> > can anyone comment on potential problems/dangers/issues from such a
> > --jump?
>
> An infinite loop, maybe? Also, OUTPUT is before routing anyway...
Actually it is not [1], and thusly, the source of many of my problems. I
am very curious though, about your thought of a loop -- could you give a
bit more detail? i *thought* that a lookup would have been independant
from netfilter -- that is -- that the packet would be checked with its
fwmark, src ip, dst, ip, etc, and an interface determined (and perhaps a
new src ip) ...

many thanks for your thoughts

charles

[1] http://www.docum.org/stef.coene/qos/kptd/