RE: iptables kernel space

thank you for your advice but you are talking about the userspace iptables. The kernel
space iptables is in /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter. Buy anyway before i
compile the iptables in kernel space i'm deleting all iptables: the one in
/usr/sbin/iptables and the one in the kernel space...

i'm positive sure that i'm not running two versions...

thank you for you advice....any other ideas?????

thanx

On Jul 21, "George Vieira" <georgev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Make sure you don't have 2 versions running. I fell into this trap once with RedHat
where there was a binary in /usr/sbin/iptables and my compiled on it in prefix default of
/usr/local/sbin/iptables.