Re: rules for ssh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Sterenborg" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 11:09 AM
Subject: RE: rules for ssh

> > Is there any other rule to allow ssh from an internal network
> > to the server.
> >
> > till now i have used a rule like this:
> >
> > $iptables -A tcp-packets -p TCP -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -allowed
>
> I guess this rule is not working, worse : it should generate an error as
> I don't think "-allowed" will be recognized.
> And if it would work then it would open all tcp services, not just ssh.

There is my typing mistake here,but on my server it is written correctly :
'-j allowed' . And I tried this way, just to be sure that all services are
allowed in that privat IP.

It is solved now, I was so tired that day and I forgot that this privat IP I
mentioned was behind another real yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy IP that was not allowed to
use ssh port. So I couldn't enter to my destination zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz IP.

> Let's say your internal network is 192.168.1.0/24. Try this :
> (You can subtitute INPUT for tcp-packets if you like.)
> $iptables -A INPUT -s 192.168.1.0/24 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

Yeah. This is careful rule for one service. It's time to see more on
security now.

> Gr,
> Rob

Thanks for your help