about the iptables tutorial and the state of documentation

After much searching around for info about the state of netfilter I
found your reference to the tutorial.

Thanks for mailing that to the list, without it I would never have
found out exactly what the situation is.

This is due to the awful state of the netfilter documentation. The
kernel documentation says that netfilter modules are no longer
included (it certainly doesn't seem possible to turn them on with
menuconfig) but the current netfilter documentation makes no mention
of that at all.

Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick about all of this... but I'm
not an inexperienced linux admin and I was mighty confused. I dead to
think what someone coming from solaris of (horrors!) nt would think.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk