From: Ruslan Spivak [mailto:alienoid@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 9:09 PM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: REDIRECT question

Hello!

Can you help me with the following:

i try to make REDIRECT on my local host -

$IPTABLES -t nat -N REDIRECT_CHAIN
$IPTABLES -t nat -A REDIRECT_CHAIN -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 7080
$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -j REDIRECT_CHAIN

When users in my LAN connect to my host's 80 port they are redirected to
7080 - it's ok. But when i try to do on my host - telnet localhost 80 -
i get connection refused (looks like redirection doesn't work). What
maybe the problem?

Best regards,
Ruslan