Re: dazed and confused about building

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Nic wrote:

> I have a debian box with a 2.4.21 kernel on it. I was hoping to setup
> source NAT. debian comes with iptables 1.6. I realize that's out of
> date but I thought it would do "for now".
>
> >From reading the various bits of documentation on netfilter I _think_
> that I have to set some the netfilter options in .config. I'm not sure
> about that because menuconfig doesn't offer an interface and I found
> this in Documentation/Changes:

menuconfig DOES offer an interface

- make menuconfig
- go to "Networking Options"
- select "Network packet filtering (replaces ipchains)"
- go down to "IP: Netfilter Configuration"
- select the netfilter/iptables parts you want

c'ya
sven

--

The Internet treats censorship as a routing problem, and routes around it.
(John Gilmore on http://www.cygnus.com/~gnu/)