LOAD BALANCING

Hi everybody,

I'm trying load balance the traffic on four ppp interfaces using iproute-2.4.7-9 but i'm
always getting a "dead pervasive" error message on my third interface (see below.) I'm
running redhat 9 with kernel 2.4.20-8.

I read some messages posted on this mailing list and they said the problem can be fixed by
getting the iproute source code, compiling it, and installing it. But i already did that
and i'm still getting the same problem. Any suggestions or ideas????

Here is what i'm typing:

ip route add default equalize \
   nexthop via nexthop xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx dev ppp0 weigth 1 \
   nexthop via nexthop xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx dev ppp1 weight 1 \
   nexthop via nexthop xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx dev ppp2 weight 1 \
   nexthop via nexthop xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx dev ppp3 weight 1

Here is what i'm getting:

default equalize
     nexthop via xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx dev ppp0 weight 1
     nexthop via xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx dev ppp1 weight 1
     nexthop via xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx dev ppp2 weight 1 dead pervasive
     nexthop via xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx dev ppp3 weight 1

Thanx to all