Re: Restricted Access

Craig Thew wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a very basic iptables setup to allow my windows clients to access
the net
through iptables, What I want to do is allow some clients to have full
access the any websites
and others to be resticted to certain sites only, Can iptables do this?.
Does someone have an example
or point me in the right direction

Many Thanks

CT

Unless you have a very small number of ip addresses and ports you want to allow those "restricted clients" to access...I would advise using an application layer proxy like Squid. It would have the added benefit of allowing you to configure authentication as well, which is almost always a more effective and thorough way to restrict [and monitor] client access. Goodluck,

Matt