Re: Firewall setup at boot - trouble with setting up the LOG target

>Just a blank stab at it, but does syslog have to be started to use the
>LOG functionality?

Perhaps, but to say the truth, it doesn't mean much to me - I'm a kind
of a newbie here :) So, could you say where should I put the firewall
setup script and _how_ can I do it?

And, by the way, where can I learn something about the Linux boot
sequence? I don't understand all these rcX.d directories, the init.d
dir - what's this all for?! This is beyond the scope of this list, so
could you support me with some links or anything? I've searched Google
but found nothing worth interest.

--
Michal Kepien