Re: REDIRECT question

Chris Wilson wrote:

Hi Ruslan,

I just want to be sure that after redirecting, the packet is going to input chain where i can filter it. (am i right?)

As far as I know, that's right.

Cheers, Chris.

One more question, please.

I have three nets that located in our city and i treat them as local, cause we have direct connection with that networks.
i need to redirect traffic that is going to outside world to port 3128(squid) and traffic to local nets leave alone.
Following your previous advices, i have made suggestions about how it should look:

LOCAL_NET_1=193.108.240.0/22
LOCAL_NET_2=193.220.70.32/27
LOCAL_NET_3=193.220.70.64/27

iptables -t nat -N REDIRECT_CHAIN
iptables -t nat -A REDIRECT_CHAIN -p tcp -d $LOCAL_NET_1 --dport 80 -j RETURN
iptables -t nat -A REDIRECT_CHAIN -p tcp -d $LOCAL_NET_2 --dport 80 -j RETURN
iptables -t nat -A REDIRECT_CHAIN -p tcp -d $LOCAL_NET_3 --dport 80 -j RETURN
iptables -t nat -A REDIRECT_CHAIN -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -j REDIRECT_CHAIN

Can you tell me if i'm on on a right way?

Again, thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Ruslan