From: Tim [mailto:twrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 11:34 AM
To: Netfilter Mailing List
Subject: DNAT & Host Headers

First here is the rules within their respective chains:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -d $INTERNET -j DNAT --to $NEMESIS

iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --dport 80 -d $NEMESIS -j ACCEPT

I'm running this particular web-site with a host header, when I type in the www.mydomain.com address on the browser and the packets hit the prerouting chain then the forward chain how will the communication still know that it is meant for www.mydomain.com

Will this work or do I need to modify the rules in order for my web server to recognize that the information is intended for www.mydomain.com. As it is there are several web-sites within my web-server utilizing the same ip address, including the default web-site.

Any insight will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Tim--Mia/Fla.