Connection Teaming

Greetings,

            I currently have 1 cable internet connection being firewalled and routed by netfilter on RedHat 8.  I am thinking about getting another cable connection to speed things up a bit.  My question is, can this be done?  Is it possible to bond 2 separate cable connections on 2 modems, each in their own nic and combine the bandwidth?  I know this can be done on windows, a friend had a DSL and cable and teamed the downstream, however I would like to team the upstream as well.

Many thanks in advance

Matt