Filtering out spoofed network addresses

Hi folks,

Somewhere I must be missing something.  Fairly regularly we see SYN Flood
attacks which come from addresses of the form x.x.0.0.  Since the address
on each incoming packet changes rate limiting doesn't help with this and
it isn't practical to include 65,000+ rules to drop each address ending in
.0.0.

My question is, is there an easy way to get iptables to drop these
addresses so that they don't get forwarded to the network?

As I say I may have missed something so any assistance will be
appreciated.

Jim.

James R. Hay				jrhay@xxxxxxxxxx
Hay-Net Networks