Re: MSN and Yahoo Block through IPTABLES

Doesn't blocking tcp port 5050 outbound pretty much kill yahoo instant messenger clients? (Last I checked, it wouldn't connect for me at home until i opened 5050, but then again, maybe they got smarter like msn?)

jamie

Asim Ejaz Butt wrote:
I have tried DROP policy as well but not succeeded.

One thing that I should mentioned that my Internet setup is upload through
normal DDP and download through Satellite Downlink and both are on separate
systems. That is one linux based PC where I am running IPTABLES used to
upload request and the 2nd PC which is a Satellite Receiver used for
download. So my upload request goes to one system and download request
received from another system.

Is that help U to find out that particular problem of blocking MSN/Yahoo
chat using IPTABLES.

Regards,
Asim