how to filter applications with iptables : Ray, Joel & Cedric, thanks

Thanks for your answers, no surprise I couldn't find infos then.
Yes I want it on server side.
I'm already using personal firewall on the win client to block apps I want to, but I was thinking to dispense altogether with the client's firewall.
I thought it would come down to what you point to in terms of port 80. I'll check some specific ports though, in case.
I'll check the squid thing too though.
Bruno