Re: Do I need to write a module?

Am Mon, 2003-06-23 um 20.43 schrieb Tony Thompson:
> I am investigating an option to use netfilter to allow/deny traffic from
> the local subnet based on rules/accounting information that is in
> another (Java based) system.  I am new to netfilter so, I can someone
> offer some suggestions:
Hi,
I am doing a similar thing just with apache and netfilter.

I have a webserver running on port 443 requiring authentication. The
webserver then calls a simple cgi-script:
--------------------------
#!/bin/bash
cat <<END

<center><H1>Hello $REMOTE_USER</H1>
Your IP-address $REMOTE_ADDR has been added for the next 3 minutes.
END
echo $REMOTE_ADDR >>address
--------------------------
A cron job runs every minute and checks for the file address and adds it
to the netfilter rules:
#!/bin/bash

if [[ -s /var/www/cgi-bin/address ]]
then
   read address < /var/www/cgi-bin/address
   rm -f /var/www/cgi-bin/address
   touch /var/www/cgi-bin/address
   chown apache /var/www/cgi-bin/address
   iptables -A u_remote -s $address -p tcp --dport 22 --syn\
            -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
   sleep 180
   iptables -D u_remote -s $address -p tcp --dport 22 --syn\
            -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
fi

Cheers,

Ralf