Re: netfilter promiscuous and connection tracking for IDS

Hi, I am working on IDS and I am trying to use netfilter
conntrack on promiscuous mode. I want to track status of connections
not intended for localhost. I have been using Sebastian Zander's patch

web:http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/sebastian.zander/private/netfilter.html
patch:netfilter-prom-patch.tgz
Sebastian's mail:zander@xxxxxxxxxxxx

It adds a new table called meter that handle promiscuous packages. It
works, but I was not able to track connection status using conntrack.

Could anybody advise me on this? I need to make a decission, keep
trying or
go to user space to mangle all this through libpcap as snort or ntop.

thanks,
txemi.

--
< hola, soy una firma horrible >