Re: why packet get through the netfilter even if i drop all in FORWARD

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 04:07:11PM +1000, Calvin spoke thusly:
>I running netfilter with freeswan, I add a rule in FORWARD chain to drop
>all packets forward from internal iface(eth0) to public iface(eth1).
>    iptables - A FORWARD -i eth0 -i eth1 -j DROP

Should that be 'iptables -A OUTPUT -i eth0 -o eth1 -j DROP' instead ?

>however once I start up the IPSEC, I do the ping again and A can ping
>GWb's eth0. The rule in FORWARD chain is still there.

iptables -A OUTPUT -p all -o eth1 -d GWb-IP-address -j DROP

>Why does this happen? Is that anyway I can fix this?

Explain your IPsec setup in detail, and then we can give you a proper
answer without guesswork.