bootpc

Hi,

I've set up my bridge+firewall, and everything is hunkeydory. I am doing statefull filtering. I let all traffic out, and all related/established traffic in. Then, I only allow new icmp & tcp:ssh connections in.

To get windows 95 & 98 PCs on the inside to boot & join the network, I had to open up udp ports bootps & bootpc for new connections orriginating from the outside. I don't know the finer details about how these protocols work, but presumably they are connecting to the booting PC in response to some DHCP request it has made. Is there some module I should have loaded that would flag these connections as RELATED to some outgoing connection? Have I done something silly? Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Matthew