RE: Help with iptables

Sounds like the iptables command is not in the path – I think it needs to be in /sbin

iptables: No such file or directory

if there was an issue with non-loaded modules, you would probably see a symbol reference error…

From: netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tahmid Quazi
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 5:22 AM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I am trying to use the iptables command on an iPaq running Familiar. The kernel version is 2.4.18-rmk3-hh6.

The kernel does not have netfilter configured so for any functionality I need, I have to install a module.

I have installed the following modules:

iptable_filter

ip_tables

successfully. ( i can see them when i type /proc/modules)

But when i try a simple iptables command (i got this from the "howto" document)

/ # iptables -A INPUT -s 127.0.0.1 -p icmp -j DROP

I get the following output:

iptables: No such file or directory

Please could someone tell me what i am doing wrong or missing.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

-- tahmid