From: subramanya [mailto:angeeras@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 2:25 PM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: help regarding DNAT

i am a student doing my final year engineering project work.

i am faced with a problem:i want to DNAT all the packets and ia m using the following command:

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p ALL -j DNAT -s xx.xx.xx.xx -d yy.yy.yy.yy --to-destination zz.zz.zz.zz

this works fine on a router. but this doesnot work on a machine that acts as a bridge. the packets that are entering the PREROUTING chain are lost in that chain.

what could the problem be? plz help