Re: Skipping connection tracking for certain traffic types?

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:49:56PM +0300, Ville Mattila spoke thusly:
>Correct me on this if I'm wrong: It is a feature of Netfilter that
>whenever conntrack is registered in kernel, then for example any UDP
>packet passing through the firewall causes the state table to be consulted
>resulting in either update of an old state entry if found or creation of a
>new state.

I think there is a NOTRACK patch in p-o-m, but haven't checked really. I
kind of remember Henrik Nordstrom talking about it before, but a quick
websearch only turns up this.

http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2001-September/
005541.html