NAT PPPOE & MTU problems

I've got a problem with NAT connections on PPPOE.
My box is connected to internet via DSL, and I have some computers behind NAT.
I changed MTU on internal interfaces to 1492 and configured iptables with:

iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu
also I have squid cache installed for local workstations.
When I surfing net without squid everything works fine, no timeouts or something. Is good.
But when I use squid as a cache sometimes when squid uses POST method with huge amount of parameters, connection hangs. On tcpdump I see that one packet is repeated few times (5) and I got timeout message.
What's wrong ? Repeated packet has 1492 bytes lenght. But there's no answer from www server.

Pozdraviam
Przemyslaw Borkowski