netfilter - packet extraction and insertion

A question for folks who have been using Netfilter and libipq -

Is it possible to extract packets from the queue and insert them at a later point in time. Want to do this in user space using libipq or something similar. Esssentially want to have the ability to remove packest and then add packets into the queue. Is that possbile? I want to implement my on queueing algorithms and stream manilutaltion in the user space.

thanks,

ed