Re: Questions - Urgent

Hi,
I have following questions regarding Netfilter/Iptables.
I would ge glad if you could answer then ASAP
First of all, as a rule of thumb, things like
urgent and/or ASAP will make you quite unpopular
in open source communities...

1. What Attacks does it protect against?
Any an IP Filter can protect you from. Read the FAQ.

2. What are the Compatibility Issuses?
Compatibility with what?

3. Dow do we implement this technology?
Read the FAQ.

4. How commonly is this used?
Let's just say that a vast majority of
Linux users out there (in particular the ones
with a Linux-Kernel 2.4.x or higher) are using it.

5. when do you think one should use it?
Whenever one thinks one needs a firewall.

Maybe you want to go to http://linuxsecurity.com
and learn something about TCP/IP networking in
general before asking questions like these.

Tankx for all the help.
waiting for your reply.
Regards
Jitin Sahni