From: Barry L. Jeung
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 1:23 PM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Redirecting/DNATing local traffic?

Hey guys,
        Is this possible, and if so, what would be the syntax for the following scenario?

I have a client app that talks to a server behind a linux box doing NAT. I have forwarding rules from the external IP/port to the internal IP/port. This works fine. However, what happens is, once the connection is established, the server trys to make a 2nd connection to a local service on the same machine, but different port. But what is happening is since the client is connecting to the external IP, the server tries to connect to it's external IP instead of localhost or its internal IP. So I need to bounce traffic coming from that box (192.168.20.x) destined to the equivalent external IP, back to itself. Thanks for your help.