Re: Cuseeme-Nat

Hi Kevin,

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 15:20, Kevin Smith wrote:

>Well I upgraded my Kernel to 2.4.20 and patched cuseeme-nat and the
>other required file to it (Patch-o-matic says verifies this). But I
>still get the same problem with some reflectors, where they read the
>machine IP and refuse to let me in.
>
>I did however get curious error while compiling:
>ip_nat_helper.c: In function `ip_nat_resize_packet':
>ip_nat_helper.c:87: warning: unused variable `data' <-------- This one
>

>Might this cause the patch to malfunction? If so, since Im new to all

No, this warning is not really an issue. I think there's already
a small patch in patch-o-matic to fix this compile warning.

>this patching/compiling stuff, can someone point me in the right
>direction to correct this? Ive been compiling for about a week now so
>Id liekto NOT have to do that again, but If I must.

Can you recompile the CuSeeMe module with debugging enabled ?
there's no need for a full kernel recompile.

Just edit net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_nat_cuseeme.c in the kernel tree
and change the lines:

#if 0
#define DEBUGP printk
#else
#define DEBUGP(format, args...)
#endif

into this (it's really just a one-line change):

#if 1
#define DEBUGP printk
#else
#define DEBUGP(format, args...)
#endif

then do (from your kernel source tree):

rm net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_nat_cuseeme.o
make SUBDIRS=net/ipv4/netfilter modules
make modules_install

then you can do 'rmmod ip_nat_cuseeme' and 'modprobe ip_nat_cuseeme'
again.

Debugging messages should be logged depending on your
syslog configuration. Most likely they will show
up in /var/log/messages. Can you copy-paste the
debugging messages ?

Thanks in advance,
Filip