Re: Bridge+Bandwidth Control

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 05:32, Hernán Mailluquet wrote:
Hi!

I was trying to implement traffic control on a linux
bridge. Basically, I'll need to allocate designated bandwidth
to various services while the rest get throttled.

Eg. on a 10MBit bandwidth.
http/ftp will get 128K
while the rest (smtp/POP3) will get 64K.
Whatever traffic passing through the bridge
in one direction must not exceed 192K.

To my dismay, I realised that firewall marking classifier
will not work under bridging mode.

So right now I'm kind of stuck because of that.

Can someone tell me whether if I can implement something like
the above?

Thanks.

Hi
Why don't you try implimenting traffic controller (iproute)?
--
Regards
Dharmendra.T