Re: new tcp connections, without SYN

I have been following your messages for a while now and I tried the '! --syn' and '--state NEW, RELATED' rule without much success. I am trying to completely block the nmap -P0 and -PS probes.
Now I know I might need to recompile iptables with tcp-nopickup patch. Can you please elaborate more on what it does.
And, also someone please write back rules to block port scans (do I HAVE to block ICMP completely for that?).

Rahul