A problem of libiptc !

Dear all :

I have a proble about using libiptc function "iptc_append_entry".
When use this function, we should pass an argument *ipt_enrty.
This argument include the IP header information!
But where we pass the other information like tcp port to the function for appending a rule to netfilter?

I hope somebody can give me an example code for adding a rule to netfilter !

I am sorry about my poor English and thank for everyone spending time and pations to read my letter!
Good luck for everyone and everyone's family