Re: connection tracking query

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 17:02, dhiraj.2.bhuyan@xxxxxx wrote:

<snip rest>

> but also in INPUT and POSTROUTING chain. What I find strange with this is
> that for a packet that goes through the "FORWARD" chain, "conntrack" is done
> twice on the same packet - first in the "PREROUTING" chain and second in the
> "POSTROUTING" chain. Does anyone have any explanation for this?

I think the first packet goes thru POSTROUTING, subsequent packets
(after their routes determined) goes straight to FORWARD.

> 2. If a packet is found to belong to an already ESTABLISHED connection, does
> it still have to go through the filter rules again?

I would think so. You need to explicitly have "-m state --state
ESTABLISHED, RELATED -j ACCEPT" to process those packets.

My $0.02
*awaits flame galore*
--
Vincent Lim <vincent.lim@xxxxxxxxxx>