Kernel panic In interupt handler - not syncing

I'm having problems with kernel panics. I set up my firewall with the latest
and greatest version of iptables and the latest stable kernel. I'm runing
slackware 8.1, and ever since I put it on the network for testing I get
kernel panics that crash the machine I tried the previous kernel version
(2.4.18) and also tried the latest patches for Iptables. I wanted to see if
anyone has faced this problem. Maybe tell me if it's my rules or a bug I
don't know about. I can post my rules if anyone has some ideas. I'm fairly
new to this so if faulty rules can cause this kind of behavior than I'm open
to suggestions. Any help would be appreciated, like I said I can post my
rules or give more details if someone has some ideas. Thanks.

Brian Allshouse
allshousebm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx