Re: How filter IP address if it *changes* often?? (think dhcp)

On Friday 28 March 2003 07:26, seberino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Steve
>
> Thanks for the email.  Let me rerephrase my question.
> Perhaps I wasn't clear....
>
> How can you have a rule on your INPUT chain that
> only allows your local box's IP address if "local box IP address" can
> change without notice due to your DSL ISP's decision?
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

If you are having one interface for all incoming traffic and one for outgoing
traffic, then you can simply filter it by looking at the interface like:

iptables -A INPUT -i LOCAL_IF -j ACCEPT

You can also set up your rule so it allows traffic from the IP range you have
internally:

iptables -A INPUT -s LOCAL_NET -j ACCEPT

The rules are a little primitive, but I hope you get the idea.

/Kim