to patch, or not to patch?

Should I do the Patch-o-matic to get the ROUTE patch?
or is there a way to do this?

	-joe

I have a netfilter box on a monitoring port (span port)
of a switch (eth0).

I want to:
  - pick out the packets from  *-->server and
  send them out the back-end eth1 interface.
  - pick out the packets from  server-->* and
  send them out the other back-end eth2 interface

Long ago, in my solaris days, I used ipfilter -- which had a feature
like the current ROUTE p-o-m patch, a "bypass system routing, go out
this interface now" jump.

--
Joe Judge <joe_judge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Guardium