Re: Microsoft PPTP VPN server behind FIREWALL

In article <001501c2f2f5$2b662920$1001a8c0@xxxx> you write:

| > I tried to use this command to make a forward to itenal IP
| > address: iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d $EXTERNALIP -p tcp
| > --dport 1723 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.150:1723 But it doesn't
| > work, I mean I cannot connect to my VPN server from outside.
| >
| > Any ideas or issues?
|

| FYI iptables does not support pptp filtering. In order to support it you
| need to apply the pptp patch from patchomatic. In my experience it's not
| worth it. I ended up using FreeSwan installed on myfirewall gateway as
| my VPN solution.

I believe there is a userspace IPsec package, reasonably high overhead
but runable where a patched kernel is politacally incorrect. Does that
ring a bell with anyone?
--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc