Re: nat & ip accounting

If you havn't to many diferent ip/ip-ranges to monitor you can enter iptables
filter rules for that ips with no action, just to count the trafic, than use a
script and mrtg to show them. something like:

iptables -A FORWARD -s [MonitoredIP] -i [NIC_conecting_to_IP]
iptables -A FORWARD -d {MonitoredIP] -o [NIC_conecting_to_IP]

make a script to grab the bytecount and output them as mrtg expect
(IN,OUT,UPTIME,HOSTNAME). Change ^[1,2] to select your rules
in the chain where you grab the trafic.

iptables -nvxL FORWARD --line-numbers|egrep ^[1,2]|awk '{print $3}'